How to Use Will My Courses Transfer
Will My Courses Transfer? is the path selected by default after logging into Transferology.com. Within this area, there are three tabs in which students can select or input courses, standardized exams, and military credits to see how they will transfer to or earn credit at participating schools.
In this article:
On the Courses tab:
- Enter the School Name and select it from the drop-down.
- Under Taken, select the term and year the course was or will be taken.
- Enter the Department name and select it from the drop-down.
- Select the plus sign (+) next to the course that was or will be taken.
- The course will appear under My Courses.
- Continue adding courses, changing School Name, Taken, and Department fields as needed.
Added a course in error? Delete it from My Courses by selecting the trashcan icon.
If not adding standardized exams or military credit, see Search for Matches for next steps.
Add Standardized Exams
On the Standardized Exams tab:
- Choose a standardized test from the Exam drop-down.
- Under Year, select the year the exam was or will be taken.
- If adding International Baccalaureate (IB) exams, from the Department list, additionally select the core or subject group the exam falls within.
- Select the plus sign (+) next to the exam that was or will be taken.
- It will appear under My Courses.
- Continue adding exams, changing the Exam, Year, and Department fields as needed.
If not adding military credit, see Search for Matches for next steps.
Add Military Credits
On the Military Credits tab:
- Choose the military organization from the Organization drop-down.
- Under Year, choose the year the course was or will be taken - or the occupation was or will be held.
- If prompted, select a Pay Grade from the drop-down.
- Select the plus sign (+) next to the military course or occupation.
- It will appear under My Courses.
- Continue adding military courses and occupations, changing the Organization, Pay Grade, and Year fields as needed.
See Search for Matches for next steps.
Search for Matches
Once all courses, standardized exams, and military credits have been added, select the Search for Matches button to the right of My Courses.
Transferology will return a list of participating colleges and universities and show how the courses, standardized exams, and military credits entered have been evaluated for transfer to or award of credit at the institution.
In order to appear in the Match results, the school must have evaluated at least one course, exam, or military credit from those entered. Schools will display in order of match percentage; those that have evaluated and will accept the most courses will appear at the top.
If coming to Transferology directly from a link on the school's website, a filter may be applied to display the results of that school only. Select Show additional results or use the filters (see below) to show other schools with Matches.
Filters can be used to narrow the search results and help students find a school that's the right fit. Filter by:
- Tuition & fee amount
- Size (population)
- Public or private
- 4-year or 2-year
- Favorites only
- Online schools only
- Schools that offer programs on campus or online
- Schools that offer a specific program or major
Matches, Maybe, Misses
To get more detail on how courses, exams, and military credit transfer or earn credit, select the percentage from the results list.
Up to three tabs - labeled Matches, Maybe, and Misses - will display.
|Matches||Courses, exams, and military credits on this tab have been evaluated by the school as transferring to or earning credit at the institution (assuming they are completed with passing grades).|
Courses, exams, and military credits on this tab have yet to be evaluated by the institution. They may or may not transfer or earn credit.
Select Request Information to reach out to the school and ask how the courses might transfer.
This tab serves two purposes:
Students can contact the school to confirm results using the Request Information button on the School Profile or by contacting the school via the institution website.